The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council‘s mission is to achieve sustainable water supply, sanitation and hygiene for all people in the world.
WSSCC puts people at the centre of its development work. It fosters sanitation demand creation through a large network of field practitioners and global stakeholders. They are the pillars of WSSCC’s work, which focuses on poor people in developing countries who lack access to adequate sanitation and water supply services.
Good sanitation and hygiene lead to economic and social development, yielding health, productivity, educational and environmental benefits. WSSCC manages the Global Sanitation Fund, facilitates coordination at national, regional and global levels, supports professional development, and advocates on behalf of the 2.6 billion people without a clean, safe toilet to use. WSSCC is hosted by UNOPS, supports coalitions in more than 30 countries, and has members around the world.
For more about WSSCC, please visit our website at www.wsscc.org
WSSCC has a long tradition of arranging purposeful, practitioner-oriented meetings. The WSSCC Global Forum on Sanitation is the latest in a line of events that stretch back to 1991, and include:
- Global WASH Forum, Dakar, Senegal, 29 November – 3 December 2004
- WASH Week, Geneva, Switzerland, 15-19 December 2003
- 5th Global Forum, Foz de Iguaçu, Brazil, 24-29 November 2000
- 4th Global Forum, Manila, Philippines, 3-7 November 1997
- 3rd Global Forum, Barbados, 30 October-3 November 1995
- 2nd Global Forum, Rabat, Morocco, 7-10 September 1993
- 1st Global Forum, Oslo, Norway, 18-20 September 1991
Global Forum Organising Team
- Archana Patkar, Chair, Global Forum on Sanitation and Hygiene Taskforce
- Emily Deschaine, Conference Administrator
- Amanda Marlin, Carolien Van der Voorden, and Tatiana Fedotova, conference programme content managers
- David Trouba, Communications
- Ina Jurga, WASH Fair manager
- Isobel Davidson, Partnerships and Sponsorships
All staff-related inquiries may be directed to Ms. Emily Deschaine at email@example.com.